This is what N told us when he got up this morning. I was quite confused, and he went on to tell me that the monkey was "going like this" (he flapped his arms up and down) and then he said "the monkey tried to get me while I was sleeping."
I asked him what the monkey looked like, and he told me "it was just like the monkey in the restaurant."
That's when the light bulb went off ...
We took the boys to the R*ainforest C*afe earlier this month on our anniversary. L really liked it, but N hated it. Absolutely hated it. He was terrified. He sat right beneath a rather large gorilla (see picture) that came to life every ten minutes. Every twenty mintues there was a thunderstorm where all of the animals came to life. Let's just say, we dreaded those ten minute intervals. He would cry and say "I don't like the monkey Mommy" ... "I don't want the monkey to look at me" ... "I want to go home".
It was not a pleasant experience to say the least. We thought it would be a nice - somewhat relaxing anniversary dinner. Well, as relaxing as a dinner can get with a 2 1/2 year old and a 17 month old. HA! We thought they would be entertained by the constant action. We were wrong -- very wrong.
Now, nearly a month later, my son is still having nightmares about the gorillas. Poor guy!
***
We went shopping today. The boys were in need of some winter clothes. I think we bought one of the stores out in the mall. They were having a great sale, and there were even some cute girl clothes that I couldn't refuse. Can you believe it? I actually bought some things for "baby sister"!
On the way home N looked at L and said "you are such a nice boy" - "I love you so much".
L has also been talking a lot more. Today he started saying "YES!" ... it is hilarious. The funny thing - about 95% of the time, if G or I ask him to repeat a word, he'll ignore us. If N asks him to say something, he repeats it right away. Stinker!
We had a new pizza place open up, so we're waiting for our pizza to be delivered. I hope it's good. Their menu is quite funny. On the bottom in small print it says "When you're happy, we're happy. And life is all about being happy. Or really, really good looking" LOL!!! Oh, and we plan on watching Knocked Up. We had planned on going to see it in the theater, but that's quite difficult with two little boys. Hopefully it's good, because I'm tired and feel like I could fall asleep any second. Man, I'm getting old. Which reminds me ...
While we were at the store in the mall, N started talking to one of the girls that was working. This little guy talks to anyone who will listen to him, and he is quite the flirt with older girls! He told her how old he was, who L was, who Daddy was and who Mommy was. He told her that S (the dog) was at home. He then asked her if she would like to play toys with him. He then told her that Daddy was two years old (he knows G's real age - LOL!) and then said "and Mommy is THIRTY TWO!" ... um, I don't think so. I'm holding onto 29 as long as I can. (only 5+ months .... waaaahhhh!)
No comments:
Post a Comment