Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Trying to keep my head above water

... and I don't feel like I'm doing a very good job of it.

I'm not sure why, but I am having a tough time lately. I feel like I'm constantly spinning - and I feel like I can't get anything done. I have so many things on my mind, so many things to do (on my mental to do list) and I can't get anything done. I'm starting to feel very out of control with everything.

I am a neat freak. I like to be organized. I am a person that needs some down time - me time. The neat freak thing ... 3 kids 3 and under. Enough said. The organized thing ... ha ha ha - funny! Me time ... what's that?! I love my kids dearly, but I feel like I need a break.

Online shopping should be abolished. Anyone else resort to retail therapy when they are stressed and overwhelmed? I spent way too much money today ... I guess it was my little way of stimul*ting the economy. Ha! (I'm sure my husband will think otherwise) Anyone else have buyers remorse after the fact? That's me right now. Crap.

3 comments:

Heather said...

I know just how you feel M! My solution to getting the online retail therapy fix without spending money is to put stuff in my cart and then shut down the computer. I still feel like I bought stuff, but didn't spend a cent.

E.J. said...

((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))) I know how it is when you're that overwhelmed, but just take a deep breath and look out the window. It will get better!

Anonymous said...

That's why I always leave the tags on and save my receipts. I used to be economy's #1 best friend when I was single. And I know exactly how you feel...... I've been dealing with a lot of those SAME feelings! Even if you just use your hot tub for a half an hour - it will help.