Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Long weekend

It was a long holiday weekend, and I wish I had exciting news to report, but I don't. Our weekend was fairly boring. We didn't go anywhere or do anything. OK, I take that back, you want to know what exciting thing we did during our holiday weekend? It is something that I swore I would *NEVER* do. We went and looked at ... oh gosh, I can barely type out the words ... we went and looked at mini ... ack ... mini vans. GASP! I can't believe it. I'm going to be a mini van Mom. I don't want it to happen - I'm fighting it kicking and screaming. However, our SUV isn't cutting it anymore. We have three large Brit*x carseats in there, and they are in there tight! The day that I trade my SUV for a mini van will be a day of great sadness. ;-)

(I know, as a mother of 3 small children, that I will love having a mini van ... it's just going to take time for it to sink in!)

My parents also came over on Saturday. My Dad leveled our yard to get it ready for sod. Grass - YAY! However, my 3 year old is really trying his best to convince us to leave the yard as is. (dirt) He tells us that he doesn't like grass, that he likes dirt. Yes, he is all boy! ;-)

Saturday was also FIVE MONTHS since we arrived home from Korea with M. So incredibly hard to believe that five months have gone by.

Sunday I spent seven hours in the bathroom with my 2 year old. He was having issues. He needed to go, but couldn't. :-( Poor kid ... and, yes, you don't need to go back to see if you read that correctly - we were really in the bathroom for SEVEN hours.

Sunday was also a day of horrible weather. My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone who lost loved ones, and who lost their homes. :-( I hate this time of year and the severe weather that comes along with it.

Have a great weekend everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We went from a small SUV to a mini-van in April and I love, love, love it! I too swore that I would never be a mini-van mom, but I decided to welcome it with open arms!

Melissa said...

You're hilarious! Relax and embrace the mini-van. Think of all the extra room you'll have! LOL

Anonymous said...

We just took the plunge and bought one. I love all of the extra room, but like you - it was a huge adjustment to admit that we needed one!