... since my last post. Wow! I knew it had been awhile, but I didn't realize a month had gone by.
I barely have time to use the bathroom these days, much less blog. I hope that changes, but when you have three very young kids running around the house - there just isn't much time for *you*.
I'm having one of those days where I need to constantly remind myself that someday I'm going to miss this. I'm going to miss having to take my kids to the bathroom every 10 minutes. (or maybe not - ha!) I'm going to miss breaking up little spats between the boys. I'm going to miss hearing them scream and run through the house - even though I have told them to please keep quiet because their sister is trying to nap. I'm going to miss hearing them yell "Mommmmmmmmy" every 5 seconds. You get the idea. Life in this house is chaotic right now ... and someday, I really am going to miss it. They do grow up so fast, but at the same time, I feel like I have the right to be overwhelmed and stressed out every now and then.
We're potty training L right now - and it's going well - but it still changes up our routine a bit. (and the boys NEVER have to use the bathroom at the same time) Between cooking, cleaning, potty training, laundry, homeschooling (preschool), working on M's attachment ... well, I'm exhausted!
I will also say this -- I have a new appreciation for my Mom. I don't know how she does what she does without totally going insane. ;-) ... at least now my brother and I are grown, and out of the house, so when her little angels go home at night, she is able to have some down time. I absolutely don't know how she did it when my brother and I were still young. After having my own children, I truly believe that daycare providers are saints and don't get near the credit and admiration that they deserve.
... and then there is this darn economy. It's really starting to scare me - so much so, that I'm losing sleep.
On that lovely note, I will leave you with this ...
"leaves on trees are green, and the holder thing is brown" (brilliant words from my boy)
When I told him that the "holder thing" was called a trunk, he looked at me like I was a complete fool and said "no, Mommy, elephants have trunks".
Friday, March 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment