Tuesday, February 3, 2009

We're hanging in there ...

... barely! Seriously, does anyone else feel like this has been the longest winter EVER? Maybe this winter feels different, because I now have two very active, busy boys who need to be outside burning off their energy?! I cannot wait for this weather to warm up, so we can spend our days outside, instead of locked up in our house!

Sammy is doing much, much better! It's amazing. I really wonder how long his tooth and ears were bothering him? ... makes me sad to know that when he's in pain he cannot tell us.

On Saturday we were getting ready to head out. G was putting L's coat on, and did something (can't remember what) -- and, without missing a beat, L looked at him and said "That is naughty, Daddy. You need to go sit in the van and think about it!" ... He's only TWO!

I alwas knew that kids were brutally honest, but I had yet to experience it with my own children. Just within the past few weeks both N & L have become quite honest with me. LOL! Telling me when my hair is messy ... or, as L says "your hair looks weird, Mommy" ... sigh! The other day I had a bad hair day - N looked at me and said "Daddy is not going to like your hair when he comes home" ... !!! What?!

Oh, and they have both discovered "pretty girls" ... I watch a few soaps during the day. They will both come over and pick out girls and say "oh, she's so beautiful" ... "she's so pretty" ... is it normal to start this young?!?! ;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No wonder the boys think your hair looks funny. They're comparing you to the ladies on your "stories". :)