I worried for nothing. We found out around noon today that they couldn't do the surgery. Sammy was running a fever, and his white blood cell count was elevated. We also found out that he has a bad ear infection (on top of the teeth issues) and is full of yeast. So, he's on some strong antibiotics for two weeks for the tooth infection, and ear drops for the ear infection. We also ordered him some stuff to rid his body of the yeast. He's been suffering for so long, and we were told that he had allergies. I'm SO thankful that we finally found out what is causing the majority of his problems (yeast) ... and I'm praying that the products I ordered will make him feel like a brand new dog!
He's now scheduled for surgery on the 11th of February -- as long as his fever is gone, and his white blood cell count is back to a normal range.
They did run an extensive blood panal on him, and I was worried sick that they were going to find something wrong with his kidney's or his heart. The good news -- all of those results came back normal. Yay!
Two more weeks until I can worry like crazy again!
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yeah!! Good news!!
Good news, indeed. I'm sorry the worry will begin anew though.
Post a Comment