Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Six little words ...

Remember the six little words that you waited with bated breath to hear? The six little words that would send chills down your spine and make you giddy. Remember back to middle school and high school ... how you waited for the guy of your dreams to say "will you go out with me?" ... well ... FOURTEEN years ago today I heard those words. At the ripe old age of SIXTEEN I started dating G. I had boyfriends before him, but there was something special about G. I knew almost immediately that I wanted to marry him. (I didn't tell him that though ... didn't want to freak him out! Ha!)

It's hard to believe that I have been with G for nearly half of my life. It doesn't feel like it has been 14 years ... I guess that's a good thing?!?! ;-)

On another note - I think this bitterly cold weather is wreaking havoc on our house. Last night we heard some cracking noises and could not figure out what it was. This morning I was in the kitchen, and noticed that part of our countertop has pulled away from the wall ... nearly an INCH. I have no clue how/if we can fix this. It's always something, isn't it?!

It's almost nap time - hallelujah. ;-) I better go get my angels put down for their (er, my) much needed quiet time.

Oh, I almost forgot -- I'm on a mission to cook the entire month. I will admit, we have been eating way too much take out. It's hurting the waistline and the wallet. I spent five hours last Friday looking for new recipes and making a grocery list. I plan on posting the recipes and my review (with pictures!) on a daily basis. Hopefully I will be able to keep up with it! :-)

5 comments:

C's Mom said...

Happy 6 words Anny :0)

May there be many, many more years of celebrating that day!

Happy cookin...

Pug Mama said...

How sweet!!!
6 little words - I love it.
My 6 little words have become 'I'm not in the mood tonight"
;0)

JESF....... said...

Oh, I so understand about staying home and watching the ole' wallet! You are not alone on this :)... And the weather for me was in the single digits! Today it got warmer, it went up to 20 degrees. Enjoying the fireplace with my girls. Stay warm!

J

Melissa said...

Good luck with the cooking! I'm so not a fan, but it's kind of a necessity. LOL

Anonymous said...

Check your foundation, under your house. Cabinets pulling away from wall, signs of movement under the house.