Monday, March 16, 2009

My conversation

This is how things went down last night with my little 2 1/2 year old.

L ~ Mommy, I want to wear different pajamas
Me ~ L, the pajamas you are wearing are just fine
L ~ No they aren't
Me ~ Yes they are
L ~ No they aren't -- these pajamas are SO boring
Me ~ L, they are pajamas
L ~ Yes, but they are boring

***

What? I've never heard of boring pajamas! ;-)

***

The hightlight of our weekend ... we got outside for an hour yesterday. It was the first time we have been outside in nearly five months. Yes, that's right ... I said FIVE MONTHS!!! Imagine being cooped up in a house with a 4 year old, a 2 1/2 year old and a 1 1/2 year old ... oh, and a dog. Good times. We were all getting a mild (ha!) case of cabin fever. Today it's supposed to be even warmer outside (60 degrees!) so we'll be heading out again. Can't wait!

You know it's been a long and cold winter when you see your neighbors outside in shorts and t-shirts running around ... and it's only 53 degrees and windy! Granted, 53 feels quite warm when it has been in the single digits, but still ... I was cold, and I was in jeans and and a jacket!

Happy Monday!

No comments: