Tuesday, March 10, 2009

There is nothing like an ice storm

... on your birthday! Ugh! We had planned on spending the day together as a family, but the weather has prevented us from leaving our house. Thankfully we were thinking ahead, and G took the day off yesterday, so we got out of the house for the first time in ages.

We took the kids to a theme park, and had a lot of fun. I thought N would be afraid of the rides, but he has a bit of his Mommy in him, and wanted to go on all the "big kid" rides. ;-) L went on a ride that made him a bit nauseous, and was a little out of sorts the rest of the day. Poor kid!

N went with me to my favorite store. S_ephora is my dream come true ... LOVE that place! I told N before we went in that he could not touch anything. He listened, but obviously I did not. Every time I would touch something, he would remind me that I wasn't supposed to touch. Ha! There was music on, and when we were at the register, N started dancing. He asked me to dance with him, but I'm sure that would have made quite the scene, so I declined the offer. Oh, to be young again and not care what people think ... if you feel the urge to dance - just start dancing!

Miss M made me cry this morning. She doesn't say much, but is really working hard on adding words to her vocabulary. Anyway, I went into her room this morning and said "it's Mommy's birthday" and she said "happy" clear as day, and tried to say "birthday" ........... awwwww! It made my day. She has been such a little sweetheart lately. She is always coming up and giving us kisses. (she must remember "happy birthday" from G's birthday a few weeks ago, because she tried singing the song with the boys)

L keeps telling me that he needs to get things ready for my birthday. I have no clue what he's talking about - and I don't think he knows either! ;-)

Off to spend some time with my family! Have a good night!

No comments: