It's a chilly, rainy Monday. The perfect kind of day for the kids to stay in their pj's. I love it!
We had a busy weekend. On Friday the boys stayed at my parents house, while G and I took M to her adoption agency. We were asked to speak to a large group of potential adoptive parents. I was so nervous, as I'm not one that enjoys public speaking. However, talking about our adoption experience, and travel is something that I absolutely love! It was actually a lot of fun. There were three other families there with their children -- one family had adopted three girl's from Russia, another had a child from India and the other family had a child from Ethiopia. Towards the end of the session, we asked if there were any families intersted in the Korean program. One lonely couple in the back raised their hands. I thought to myself "that's it? ... one couple?" The rest of the couples were interested in Ethiopia. Oh, and one couple was interested in adopting from Russia.
After we left the agency, we went shopping - hoping to find some spring/summer clothes for the kids. We found a few things for spring & summer - nothing that fabulous though. We did find some GREAT deals on clothes for them for next fall/winter. Shirts for $1.99 - you can't beat that!
We then headed to S_onic. I ordered a Cherry L_imeade. It was 11:00 at night, and I was exhausted, but something just didn't taste right when I took my first sip. I didn't think much of it. The next day I grabbed it out of the fridge - it still didn't taste right. I opened it up and noticed that the lime and cherry weren't in there ... and it looked like apple juice. ACK - it was apple juice. Here I had been drinking M's apple juice that came with her kids meal. They forgot to give me my cherry l_imeade! (and, at the time, I thought they had forgotten M's apple juice)
On Saturday we met with the elementary principal at the local private school. We were extremely impressed. I actually left our meeting with tears streaming down my face, because it is everything that I had hoped for in a school. It is small, it is Christian based, and the focus is on the CHILDREN. It is a FAMILY ~ and I honestly cannot wait to be a part of it. I was having a hard time thinking about sending N to school, but after visiting, I feel much more at ease. Sure, I'm still sad about it, but I know that he is going to love it. The tuition is a factor - especially once all three kids are in school, but we will make it work, although right now when I think about middle school/high school tuition I start to twitch. LOL!!!
We are dropping off our application for preschool tomorrow, and I just received a very sweet email from the principal welcoming us to the ______ family! :) The other nice thing - N's preschool room is directly across the hall from the three kindergarten rooms, so the transition should be fairly easy. (for him, not me! -- I'll still be sobbing like a baby)
Today I've been busy making appointments. I told G that I'm going to need a calendar for the first time in my life. Ha! This morning I was making dentist appointments, doctor appointments, and an appointment for N's preschool screening and working on preschool application stuff ... oh, and G is wanting to go back to school, so I submitted his application, and now I need to get his transcript form sent out.
Happy Monday!
Monday, March 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Looks like you are keeping things hoppin'
Heh, the juice/limeade thing is SO something I would do as I have discovered first-hand what it is to have mommy brain LOL
congrats on finding the perfect preschool!
The apple juice/cherry limeade is something I think all of us would do when in a rush!
Post a Comment