Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The phone call ...

One year ago at 8:06am our phone rang. When I looked at the caller ID my stomach immediately was filled with butterflies. It was our adoption agency! When I answered the phone, the words that I had been longing to hear were said ... "Your daughter is ready to come home!" Wow, typing those words still makes my heart skip a beat. I hung up the phone, and started shaking and crying. I couldn't believe it! We rushed to start making travel plans, in hopes that we could somehow manage to leave and be home in time for Christmas. (we didn't want to miss Christmas with our boys, but also wanted our little girl home) It was a hectic morning, as we waited for our travel agent to get into his office. A few hours after our call, our plans were set ... our plane was to leave the NEXT DAY, and arrive home on Christmas Eve. Needless to say, the day of December 17, 2007 was spent running around like a chicken with its head cut off. It was insane! But, it was good. I was too busy to realize that I would be leaving my boys and flying half way around the world ... those thoughts didn't hit me until the next day ... and let me tell you ... they hit me hard. (as in, I never stopped crying on the 18th!)

What a day it was, just one short year ago.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Can't believe it's already been a year!