We had family photos taken while we were on vacation. There is an organization that takes photos of families who have adopted a child. The entire experience has been extremely frustrating. I had our session set up since this past June. Once we got to our destination, I emailed our photographer to set up a more concrete time. She said it worked out perfect. ... and then I didn't hear anything. All of a sudden, the time didn't work and she didn't know if it was going to work out at all anymore. Funny, seeing as she told me that she had the entire week open. We ended up working something out ... however, she was not the one that came and took our photos. It was her assistant. I was not impressed. She was late - and we were to be taking pictures at sunset. Needless to say, we didn't get much time at all.
It has now been a month, and I still haven't seen any of our photos. I was told that a preview would be up within two weeks. That didn't happen. I was then told that ALL of the pictures would be edited and up by the weekend of the 22nd. That didn't happen. I was then told that they would all be done by this past weekend. Yep, you guessed it ... (say it with me) THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN. I just emailed this girl again, and she said that she's still working on them, and will hopefully have some of them up by the end of this weekend. I'm not holding my breath. I am however very upset. I have a feeling that I am getting treated this way, because of the circumstance. These photographers volunteer their time - families don't pay a sitting fee. However, they do make money - because all families are going to order pictures, you know?! These were our first family pictures, and had I known what I do now - I would have just hired a photographer and paid a sitting fee. This is just crazy, and makes me wonder why this particular photographer is even associated with this organization - which is supposed to CELEBRATE the beauty that is adoption.
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Ugh - I hope it works out positively and soon. I'm sure you let the organization know about your experience so they can decide if they want to be promoting that photog's services any longer.
Best of luck. I DETEST bad/non-existent service.
That's awful! You need to be sure to contact the organization about your experience. They should not be promoting someone like that. I hope you get to see your pictures soon! *I'd offer to just buy the digital files and permission to reproduce so you don't have to mess with actually getting your pictures from them.
oh dear...you should've had me do them for free- I would've just made a CD for you. And you wouldn't have had to go nearly as far! :D
next year ;D
That's awful Melissa! The same sort of thing happend to us with our wedding album. Everytime we called it was, "It's almost done. Soon!" We didn't end up getting our album or any prints back until AFTER our first anniversary!
Yeah, definitely call the organization! I think it's inexcusable what they've done!
Post a Comment