... from one short year ago. One year ago today, I called the DC Visa office and talked to a very sweet lady who told me "your little girl has her Visa" ... and "she should be home by Christmas" ... AAAHHH! Those next few days of waiting were horrible! We knew our travel call could come at any second, and every time the phone rang we jumped. I don't think I slept for days waiting for that call to come.
Not much new to report around here. N had his 4 yr check-up on Thursday, and is doing perfect. Although, he was a bit dramatic after he got his shots. He's in the 50th %'tile for both weight and height! He's doing so well - especially considering that he was only 11 lbs when he was 6 months old and had to go through all kinds of tests because our doctor thought there was something very serious wrong with him. That was such a scary time.
M had her 18 month appointment. She had lost a few ounces at her last appointment, so we switched her to rice milk. Get this ... she gained FIVE POUNDS!!! I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that she has gotten so comfortable with us. She went through a phase this spring/summer where she didn't eat or drink much. She was a sad little girl, and I think the not eating/drinking was her way of dealing with her grief. :-( She's doing great now, and we can't get her to stop eating!
The weather around here is making me want to move. There will be about a 70 degree swing in temperatures between today and tomorrow. (when you factor in the wind) Tomorrow is going to be MISERABLE.
On a side note -- I was not feeling well last night, so I went to bed at 5:30 in the afternoon. The only bad thing about going to bed that early -- you wake up in the middle of the night wide awake. So, there I sat at 2:30am eating a salad and watching QVC. Ha!
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a wonderful year it has been for you :0)
Hope you're feeling better, night owl.
Post a Comment