Saturday, October 18, 2008

I had the best day ...

The sun was shining when I got up. The boys ran into the bedroom and greeted me with kisses and the usual "good morning, Mommy -- I love you" which I look forward to each and every morning. Miss M woke up in a fantastic mood. The best part - we didn't have any plans. I love weekends like this!

My fabulous husband - who should have kicked me to the curb a few times the past month - did something so nice for me today. I had been waking up on the wrong side of the bed for WEEKS - the poor man. I just could not snap out of it. Thankfully, I woke up on the right side of the bed this morning. He's so relieved. LOL! Anyway - this fabulous husband of mine told me that he would take the boys outside all afternoon so that I could have the afternoon to rest. Oh how I love him. Miss M and I spent the afternoon on the couch. She is such a snuggler, which I love. We sat and watched S_x and the C_ity reruns. :) Quality mother-daughter time I'm telling you! Anyway, after the show was over, she fell asleep, and slept for two hours in my arms. Bliss.

When the guys came back in, we all sat on the couch together and watched TV. (great shows like Bl*e's Clu*s, and Ma_x and Ru_by & D_ora") ... N looked at me and said "we're a family" - "we're all together" - "I love you Mommy" - "I love you Daddy" - "I love you L" - "I love you M" and then gave all of us a kiss. Seriously, can this kid get any sweeter?

2 comments:

C's Mom said...

That IS the stuff a good day is made of :0)

Melissa said...

Sounds like a great way to spend the day!