M was baptized over the weekend. We had her wear a gorgeous white hanbok from Korea. She looked so cute! (her brother's kept telling her that she was beautiful! awww!) Baptism went well. I thought she would scream when she got water put on her head, but she didn't mind one bit. It was a very special day.
We kept the group small, for M's sake. We didn't want her to get overwhelmed. Well, she still got terribly overwhelmed. Last night she woke up and was screaming like someone was trying to kill her. I ran into her room, and the look of terror on her face made my heart stop. As soon as she saw me, she screamed "MAMA MAMA MAMA" - I went over to her crib, and she clawed at me, and grabbed onto my shirt and held on for dear life. I picked her up, and she was shaking. It was breaking my heart. I sat with her (and cried with her) and kept telling her that we were not leaving her etc... But, how do you explain that to a 17 month old who can't communicate? You can't. It's SO hard. My heart breaks into a million pieces when I think about how many changes she has had in her short little life, and how she has no clue that we are going to stay with her forever - that nobody is going to come and take her away.
On a happier note - she started taking a few steps today. She walked from me to G earlier, which was 7 or 8 steps. WOO HOO! Slowly but surely ... !!!
Monday, September 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh sweetie, just keep coming when she cries out...she'll learn that you are there to stay. It is heartbreaking what our sweet children had to endure so young, but we have the rest of their lives to help them make happy memories.
Congrats on her being baptized and taking some steps - that is great!
Congrats on the baptism and the steps!!
My heart just breaks reading about her waking up in the night screaming! It's so sad, and you're right - there's no way to adequately communicate to her that you're really not leaving! Oh, I just thought that Rory was Molly's age now when she came home! It's so hard!
Post a Comment