Wednesday, September 24, 2008

9 Months

9 months ago today, we arrived home from Korea with our little girl. There are still days when I have to pinch myself -- it's so hard for me to believe that she is ours! It's even crazier to think that in a week and a half, it will be a YEAR since we received her referral and saw her face for the first time. Unreal.

We spent much of the day outside. The weather was gorgeous! Beautiful crisp fall air. We were going for a walk, when suddenly I felt something crawling up my leg. That is never a good sign. I screamed -- hit my leg -- and saw something rather large fall out. It was a HUGE bee. I freaked! Just as that was happening the guy in the brown truck came. It's always a good day when my favorite (er, 2nd favorite) guy shows up bearing gifts. Ha!

He had two boxes. Both boxes were filled with shoes -- glorious shoes! Too bad I had only ordered 2 pair for myself. The rest were for G. (he was in desperate need of new shoes - both casual, and for work) He is picky. He kept one pair. I got him a nice pair of trendy shoes. He took them out of the box and laughed. I did get him to try them on, but he quickly put them back in the box and said that he was taking them back. I cannot get the guy to wear anything trendy -- he is all about sticking to the same old thing -- oh well, someday I'll get him to branch out. ;-)

1 comment:

C's Mom said...

Eww to the bee. He's gotta be on his last legs this time of year hence no sting I would imagine.

Ahhh...me lurves the man in brown too. What fun to have a shoe bonanza. Yeah, it does seem the guys shy away from anything that isn't always the same. My own dad used to find one thing and order a lot of it. I tell ya he wore the same style shoes my entire childhood ;0)