Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

Our Easter wasn't what I had planned. The boys were looking so forward to going to their Great Grandma's house. They have been talking about it for weeks! I felt so bad when all the kids started feeling sick earlier in the week. M had a rough day on Friday, and then yesterday they all seemed to be doing a bit better ... so, I thought maybe we would make it to my Grandma's for Easter ... I should have never been so optimistic. I was in bed by 8:30, and woke up in the middle of the night and felt like I had been hit by a truck. My throat was raw. I prayed that it was just a fluke, but when I woke up at 7:30, I realized very soon that I was sick. I was freezing, even though I had flannel pj's on, and had four blankets on top of me. My throat felt like it has been sanded with sand paper.

The kids - even though I could tell that they didn't feel well - were so excited to find out if the Easter bunny had come to our house. They got their teeth brushed, and we headed to the family room where their eyes lit up. They were so excited to find their baskets filled with goodies. After the excitement wore off, they all grabbed their blankets and crashed on the floor. I could tell they didn't feel well, even though they wanted to tell me otherwise! It takes a lot to slow them down! Me on the other hand ... I just wanted to curl up on the couch and sleep.

N & L called my parents to wish them a Happy Easter, and to let them know that we were going to be staying home - much to our disappointment. :-( G took the boys out to get some fresh air this afternoon. The boys were so concerned about me, and made sure that I had my pillow and a blanket to cover up with. They told me to rest so that I could get better. Awww! I fell asleep about five minutes after they walked out the door, and slept all afternoon. I woke up feeling worse, but did force myself to eat something for supper, and I am feeling just a bit better. But, poor little L has been coughing and sneezing ever since we put him to bed.

G taped golf, so he's sitting here watching five hours of The M_aster's. I think I'm going to head up to bed soon, and pray that I feel better tomorrow.

Happy Easter everyone!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I am so, so sorry you guys were sick! And I'm thinking that 5 hours of golf isn't going to help you feel better. :)