Sunday August 24th -- 8 months since we returned home from Korea with M. This means that M has now been with us just as long as she was in Korea. That blows my mind. I did notice that she was extra clingy. I just had to wonder if her little body clock knew? Lately if I sit on the floor, she will come over to me, climb onto my lap and cling to me. She holds onto my shirt for dear life and buries her head into my shoulder. Like that article that I posted below said ... I have to wonder if she is just waiting for the other shoe to drop. She's too young to comprehend that we are not going to leave her ... it's so heartbreaking. She's had so many losses in her short life. Her birthmother, the nurses who cared for her while she spent a month in the hospital, the nurses who cared for her while she was in the baby home, her foster mother and now us ... all she knows is change.
We did have a great day on Sunday -- we joined 184,000 other crazy people and went to the State Fair. Crazy busy, I tell ya! Try walking through a small area with 184,000 people ... add to that three strollers ... fun times! The boys were able to be little farmers at the fair. They were able to plant vegetables, ride little tractors, and milk a cow (fake) ... N milked the cow, but little L said that it scared him. LOL! They took all of their goods to the market, and got a dollar where they were able to buy something. Some of the choices were cans of green beans, corn, apples, Cheer_ios ... what does my 3 year old pick? Trix. So healthy. I was so proud. Ha!
Last night my 2 year old tried to convince his Daddy that broccoli was not "berry healfy for me" ... LOL!
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I can not believe you were at the fair and didn't stop by! We live 3 minutes from the fair!!!!!
Hi...I found you from another blog. We just started the process of adoption from Korea, and I love to find other families who have BTDT. (We also have a 4 year old daughter, adopted from China.)
I'll be back!
Post a Comment