Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Do you ever wake up ...

... look in the mirror and think "what in the heck happened?"

I'm having one of those weeks. You know - the kind where you dislike everything about yourself. The hair, the skin, the body -- everything!

I looked in the mirror tonight after I washed my face and I wanted to cry. I turned 30 in March. I'm almost 30 1/2 ... and I feel like life is playing a trick on me. The first half of 30 was fine ... the second half -- I feel, and look like I'm falling apart. What happened to my metabolism? Seriously? I gain weight just from thinking about food. I'm not eating any more than I used to, yet I'm gaining weight.

I put my capris on this morning and got tears in my eyes. They were tight. What is going on? I whined to G about it. His response "you don't look like you've gained any weight" ... aaahhh! HELLO - I had just been on the scale, and the scale told me that I did gain weight -- too much weight.

One of my problems - I don't drink enough. I won't even tell you how little I drink. That changed today. I have been drinking all day long ... water that is. ;-) I exercised for an hour. I have two short months before vacation, and I need to be in shape, and I need to lose 10 pounds.

Being short is hard. I'm not even 5' tall ... yep, I'm super duper short. That means that every ounce I gain shows. I have no torso, so my stomach is a major concern to me. If I could just stretch my body vertically 5" - all of my problems would be solved! ;-)

OK, enough whining from me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to your 30's! I have loved my 30's but it's true that your body changes in all different ways. Your hair, skin, and especially your metabolism. It sucks!

Sean will say the same thing, "I don't notice a difference at all!" but when the scale and your clothes say you've gained, you've gained! lol

You are tiny anyway, but I'm sure on your frame every pound feels like a lot.

I think being stretched sounds like a great idea. I'm going to look into that.

Anonymous said...

OMG, I noticed the exact same thing about my own metabolism! Whew, it's not just me! I've been drinking more water too, but I'm bummed. I think the days of mindless ice cream consumption are over. :-( I've been trying to eat enough fruits and veggies, too, but today was a lousy day for that, so I should probably just keep my mouth shut.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOU - I didn't realize you were under 5' tall! ME TOO!!!!!!!!! :-)