Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Still here ...

... and taking one day at a time. We had a rough weekend with M - she completely shut all of us out. If we were able to get her to look at us it was a miracle ... and all she would do is look at us with a blank stare. We took the kids to a park, and M kept trying to run out in the middle of the road. She didn't care that we told her "no" ... she just kept doing it. When we would run to get her, and tell her "no" - she would spit and do this weird grunt. We definitely have some attachment problems on our hands, and it is heartbreaking. It is exhausting dealing with everything day in and day out. I will do whatever it is I need to do to help my poor little girl, but if I'm being completely honest - there are days when I just want to give up. For over 1 1/2 years, I have been doing everything I can. It seems like we take one step forward and two GIANT steps back ... ALL.THE.TIME. It's emotionally draining.

... but I am happy to say that we had a decent day yesterday. She actually smiled a few times, and said "Mama" - which I honestly haven't heard her say in weeks. :-(

2 comments:

~ Alison said...

I've also been struggling with my daughter (now almost 5). We have recently been experimenting with diff therapies. If u need anything . . . advice, venting, shoulder, etc - just e mail me!

Sending u strength . . .

AlisonMED@aol.com

JennStar said...

I pray things are going well. have 2 extended family members who were adopted from Korea back in the 70's- my Aunt had 2 bio kids and adopted 2, they're all very close in age. They're now in their 30's and 40's and are doing great, but I do remember that they had issues with one of their kids (their son from SK). It took a lot of work to get him through the "funk" he was in (as back then, less was known about attachment and this was pretty much how it was referred to). I have great faith that this, too, shall pass. Keep on! And get a breather when you need one when you grow weary. :o) Praying for great attachment to sprout from your home!!